Comment on page
🎉New Feature: Configurable Filters
- Duplicates by DOI: a small fraction of relevant articles may not be flagged as a duplicate by DOI matching, which is one of the methods used in MLM-AI's duplicate engine. This fix improves the accuracy of this detection method
- Fixed regression in Monitor Export to file
Enhancement - Syntax highlight support
Uploading Review Data
When uploading review data from a 3rd party source, users may see additional informational message indicating when article IDs have already been previously uploaded and will be discarded by the upload process:
Further information is visible by clicking on the verification badge.
Help pane content has been fully refreshed, and is now easier to find next to page titles
Enhancement - User Inactivity Timeout
- For additional security, the system logs off users due to inactivity. This feature is enabled by default and can be configured from the Settings view. The default inactivity timeout setting is 30 minutes
- Highlights: the user defined highlighter takes precedence over other system highlighters when they apply to the same word
- Attachments: full text PDF attachments would not display correctly after an attachment was deleted and re-uploaded
- Feature Improvements
- Attachment Size Limits - Attachment maximum size has now been increased to 50mb from 10mb
Enhancement - Truncated Abstract Notification
- In some rare cases, publishers might send article abstracts too large for display in MLM-AI.
- The UI now shows a banner on articles that have been truncated by the MLM-AI database, notifying that users should inspect the source article for the complete text.
- Users can now upload pdf versions of an articles full text and review its content inside MLM-AI
- This feature supports key term and target term highlighting
- Full decision making capabilities are accessible from the full text view
- You can now configure monitors to send automatic notifications on assessment updates on articles.
- Whenever a new assessment is added, all users involved in the article assessment (per audit log)
- Users can optionally send to interested parties directly, using the email article feature
- Input text limits: multi-line input fields were increased to
1500characters to allow greater level of detail when recording screening decisions
- Improved readability of filter descriptors: Clicking the filter icon in the Article Detail page shows user-friendly summary of selected filters.
- Reports: the Review Activity Report may fail on citations where main author affiliation has ambiguous country
- Uploads: Embase uploads capture and present keywords and drug taxonomy from source file
- Uploads: Dialog uploads now disambiguate main author affiliations
- Exports: attachment details for fill text free/paid uploads now correctly displayed
- Text input on any field now clearly displays maximum allowed sizes when entering data:
- In some cases the top-right counter in Review Details can double-count reviewed articles (does not affect tab behavior or data in reports)
- PubMed Mesh terms updates: PubMed will sometimes update the MeSH taxonomy associated with an article only after it is already published. To increase coverage, MLM-AI now makes this information available by re-scanning and updating article MeSH keywords periodically
- The Article Search page was previously available only to users with "Administrator" privilege. It is now available to all users (creating Monitors from a query is still limited to administrators or users with "Monitor management" privilege)
- Monitor exports to file not correctly exporting Query-based monitors
- Searching an article ID sometimes retrieve multiple results (by string matching) instead of a single ID as expected
- Copy/pasting a link from the browser tab works even if user is not authenticated: on accessing the link users are redirected to the login page, and immediately redirected to the target link if login is correct
- With the new Find Articles view, users can select articles from different Review results (by monitor, or by date range across all monitors), and filter results by status, assignment, user and any other available criteria
Fixes and Enhancements
- If a screening decision sets any citation to a "Pending" status in Completed review, the Review moves back to "In Progress" as it now awaits review completion. This can happen on workflows where, for example, an article requires additional work after QC. Learn more about the Review Lifecycle.
Fixes and Enhancements
- Supported sources for Upload Review now support ingesting of authors' affiliations.
- Fix: duplicate detection support for reviews using a mixture of upload and MLMAI results.
- AI Model Version JAN2023A_051: Newly trained and tuned models for MLM. This model uses more data that has been selected, labelled and annotated by biologit.
- Upload Review process:
- Reporter country is ingested from Adis to be used for territory-based searches.
- Semicolon-separated data coming from Dialog is presented in a more user friendly format.
- Per-article download option: Data for individual articles (in Excel, E2B XML formats) can now be downloaded directly from the Article Detail page.
- Better support for QC permissions: Only users assigned the "QC" role in a monitor will be able to update decisions from a different user.
- A user can still update its own screening decisions as needed.
This is a maintenance release delivering updates to our internal infrastructure and the following improvements:
- Title check on DOI-based duplicates. As an extra verification measure, DOI-based duplicate articles are confirmed with an additional title similarity check.
- Fix: Pending tab would not render correctly when saving a "Pending" decision using a custom workflow.
- Multi-Uploads Screen - Search results produced by external databases can now be imported in bulk saving time. Uploaded data is now validated up-front, clearly indicating the number of processed rows, and reporting validation errors as appropriate.
- Duplicate Detection by DOI - Automated duplicate detection now supports DOI-based detection in addition to existing methods such as detection by content similarity and unique identifier. This enhancement helps detect duplicate articles published on different databases.
- Duplicate Tab in Article Details - It is now easier to inspect the details of duplicate articles. A new "Duplicates" tab will appear on every article where a duplicate is found (according to the criteria outlined in the Duplicate Detection page)