Customize screening decisions to suit your workflow
The standard workflow in Biologit MLM-AI supports ICSR screening with a number of common, predefined "pending" stages (full text, translation, author follow up). The default values are pre-defined in the Workflow tab in the Settings page:
Screening workflows can be configured a follows:
- Add as many screening decisions as needed
- Each screening decision is made of:
- A label, indicating the choice presented to users, and shown on reports.
- A type, indicating how the system should behave for a particular screening decision.
Workflow customizations are supported on two levels:
Decision types affect how MLM-AI handles the specific screening decision. The table below outlines how decision types work:
In the below example, the workflow does not require screening for ICSR (Individual Case Safety Reports) and can therefore be simplified. We configure a sample monitor with the following workflow:
- A single "Pending" decision (Pending further information)
- "Valid for Signal" - this decision indicates the article has been reviewed, no further action needed
- "Not relevant" - this decision the article has been reviewed and will require at least one exclusion to justify the decision.
Reviews for this monitor will present users with the following screening choices: